- 455 Bored over .038
- JE forged lightweight pistons
- ARP Rod bolts
- 10.6.1 compression
- Stage1 heads
- TA Intake Manifold
- Holley 800 double pumper
- Full MSD Ignition including MSD distributor with 6AL box
- TA 290-08H 525 Lift Hydraulic cam,
- TA 1.65 Roller Rockers,
- Poston 1 7/8 headers with 3 1/2″collectors
- 2 1/2″ exhaust with twin chamber Flowmaster mufflers
- Tremec TKO 5-Speed gearbox
- Centerforce 11″ dual friction clutch
- Lakewood scattershield
- Chevy 12 bolt rear
- Moroso Brute Strength Posi 3:73 gears
- Moser axles
- Wilwood 12 1/2″ drilled and slotted rotors front and rear
- 4 piston caliper brakes
- 17×9 1/2″ Budnik Fontana Rear wheels
- 275-40-17 Yokohama A520 Rear tyres
- 17×8 Budnik Fontana Front wheels
- 245-45-17 Yokohama A520`s Front tyres
- Hothckis suspension including springs
- Edelbrock IAS shocks all around
- 1 1/4″ front anti-sway bar
- 1 1/8″ rear anti-sway bar
…next on the list is probably air ride suspension.
I bought the car in 1996. It used to be pearl white with a black vinyl top. It’s an original 4-speed car with air conditioning and I still have the original 4-speed and rear end.
The motor was a 430 when I bought the car. The previous owner had told me that the original 400 blew a rod (through the block) and was not repairable.
Over the years I would see a lot of Chevelles and other cars getting converted into G-machines and I became very interested in that look so I went to work on it slowly.
Over the years, I’ve spent a lot of time, effort and money to get it this way and I get quite a lot of good comments from a lot of people.
If I go to a show or a cruise-in, people hover over it like hawks, people just stop to stare at it whether I am driving buy or just parked somewhere. The other thing that’s good about it is that its not just an ordinary car like a Chevelle or a Mopar which you see a lot of especially converted to a G-machine,
George, you have created a truly amazing car. With the acceleration of a drag race contender, the handling and stopping abilities of a circuit racer and the classic styling of a 60′s American muscle car, it is, quite clearly, the best of all worlds. I can certainly understand the reaction you get from admiring on-lookers. I’d bet every one of them would want to drive it home and I’d be no exception.